Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sixteen Tons



You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store



The chorus lyrics of Sixteen Tons came to mind as I reflected on the workers (those whose jobs haven't been sent off shore) in the US economy. Could the company store be the cozy relationship between corporations and government with credits and tax concessions.

Click here for the lyrics to Sixteen Tons.

Okay. So I didn't think it through very clearly, but there it is. Just saying that is what came to mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.