Monday, November 25, 2013

Mini Stone Henge


When I passed through Quartzsite in October on my way to San Diego, I stopped for several nights to search out the mini stone henge I had built in January of 2004. The photo is from 2004.

In January of 2004, I was a member of the WINs (Wandering Individuals Network) and at the edge of the wash where I was parked, I built the mini stone henge from the many oblong shaped rocks I found in my desert walks.

In my October 2013 search for that long ago construction along the edge of the wash, I found no evidence of the structure. Considering I might not be able to find the structure, I thought I should be able to find several oblong shaped rocks in a single spot. No luck there either.

Even though I found nothing, it was a good excuse for a walk in the Quartzsite desert. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.