Friday, October 28, 2011

Hiking High

Not in elevation. But I do get a "high" when I am hiking. Alone. Time moves quickly.


Today my hike in the Coachella Preserve was no different. Perfect weather with a lot of elevation changes. Soon my mind was resolving very complex issues. As issues came to mind, I thought about how some would be good blog posts. The words and ideas flowed as each subject came to mind; the intro words; the text; the points to be made; the clever sentences. There were also some very clever post titles.

Sitting at the keyboard this evening, I have no recollection of those great thoughts -- or the wisdom. Would have been great to share.

However, the hike was a good workout. Even required an afternoon nap. Okay. So there is an afternoon nap many days. However, today I had an excuse.

8 comments:

  1. You gave me a good laugh Lloyd... and relief. I thought that only happened to people who pretend to be writers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has gotten to where I have to carry a small notebook and pencil to record those world class thoughts that happen at random moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem of forgetting those Blake-ian 'moments of vision of light'(?)when I get home. I've threatened to get a small voice recorder. But do I need one more battery-operated gadget that I forget to pack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. But I wonder if the brilliant ideas that come while hiking would prove brilliant on the page. Could be the endorphin high from hiking just makes me feel like they are brilliant. Maybe it's a good thing I can't remember them either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here. But I wonder if the brilliant ideas that come while hiking would prove brilliant on the page. Could be the endorphin high from hiking just makes me feel like they are brilliant. Maybe it's a good thing I can't remember them either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HoboJoe, Glad I could entertain.

    Barney, With trekking poles in hand, a notebook and a pencil requires two hands that are already being used.

    Boonie, "Blake-ian" moments? Hate when you do that. Off to Wikipedia again. I do have a voice recorder in SIlver Slug. Might be worth taking along. May have to wear a carpenter's apron to carry the water bottle, the recorder, the camera.

    Mark, Right on. Endorphins do have a way of making thoughts seem profound. It was probably best that I was unable to recall any.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a sign that there's a novel in you that is ready to get written.
    I totally know that feeling about forgetting. Perhaps it was sensory overload due to the wonderous outdoors. Mountain air can do that to you. :)
    How about a small digital voice recorder to carry along in your pocket? Then you can "voice" those ideas out loud and get reinspired when you listen to them again, later on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a relief. I thought I was just losing it

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.