Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple IIe to iPad


The Apple IIe was the first of many personal computers over the past 30 plus years.

Today, it is Steve Jobs' iPad. The iPad is my most used gadget -- internet access, eReader, portable photo album, etc. Without a TV and getting my news from the internet, it was no surprise that it was on the iPad that I first read/heard of Steve Jobs' death. Doubt that I was the only one that received the news through that device.

I've always been fascinated with Steve Jobs. Several years ago, I became aware of Steve Jobs' commencement address given at Stanford in 2005. It was worth a reread at this time. For insight and philosophy of life and living, view the video at Ted or read the transcript of the address.

Wonder what Jobs envisioned after the iPad.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WALDEN CREEK RV STEVEOctober 7, 2011 at 4:38 PM

    i SAD Read up on steve Jobs- interesting life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting Steve Job's commencement address. I heard part of it on NPR and am very glad to have been able to read the whole address. I hadn't thought about The Whole Earth Catalogue for a very long time. I read/check your blog every day. I'm a part-timer wondering if I should aim to be a full-timer. Thanks again! Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.