Monday, February 2, 2015

Thanks To...

...blog readers, commenters, emails, and phone calls for your continued wishes and caring.

I'm not feeling like I was twelve weeks ago before the treatments started. However, I felt good enough today to reward myself with a desert hike.

A half dozen ravens were swooping and playing above me as I walked part of the trail. Occasionally some would perch on the spines of a dead saguaro. As I grabbed my camera to catch three ravens on this skeleton saguaro, two took off. So I got what was left.


The living saguaro are sucking up a lot of water. The summer monsoons followed by the frequent rains since have been good to them. The frequent rains means a great spring for wild flowers.

These almost evenly spaced saguaro remind me of columns from the ruins of a Green temple.


All the desert flora is looking healthy and green. That includes one of my favorite plants in the desert -- the Christmas cholla.


Thank you for following along. Also, thank you for your wishes and concerns for my health.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - I'm glad you were feeling well enough to take a hike. I was wondering when the cactus blooms would start appearing. Nice photo of the Christmas cholla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise God you are feeling strong enough to go walking/hiking. Prayer for you, continues. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.