Sunday, May 4, 2014

Butter Is Back

I like butter.



A long time ago, I grew up on a dairy farm and real butter was on the table for every meal. Topping for mashed potatoes. Smear on the bread. Fry the eggs in butter. I also left finger prints in the butter dish in the refrigerator. Mom didn't approve of that.

Over the decades, we have been told that saturated fats are bad for our health and will cause heart disease. The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease relates how the "no fat" mantra started and where the science has gone in 50 years.

So what happened when the fat was taken out of food. It just didn't taste good so sugar was added by the agribusiness created foods. To get that fatty feel, other additives were added for texture on the tongue. Considering the health and obesity of Americans over the past decades, some people are beginning to wonder if perhaps we may have been wrong about saturated fat.

In the recent past, there have been several articles found via the internet that explore the myths about unhealthy foods. One of those is Everything You Need To Know About Unhealthy Food Is Wrong.

There is bad science and there is good science. I am always on the lookout for anything that will support my belief. I am no different than anyone else in a similar situation. I search for material that supports my belief that butter is good for me. Articles and books can be found to support a belief that butter and saturated fats are bad for you. So who do you believe.

My belief system says that butter is great. Butter Is Back supports my belief.



Note: For me, the butter of choice is Kerrygold. There are other cultured (European style) butters, but I prefer Kerrygold over the other brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.