Sunday, July 31, 2011

No Candles Please

Saturdays are the day to go to Boulder's Farmers Market. Always like the balloon man's tiara. It is different each time I go the the market.


It's that time of year when garden produce is arriving in abundance. With several vegetable stands carrying a variety of garden produce, I have to make sure I don't end up with more than I can eat in the next few days. Carrying a bag, I left with peaches, Ranier cherries, cucumbers, small white turnips, and kohlrabi. Kohlrabi is part of the cabbage family. Kohlrabi is not a big seller -- and rarely found -- since few people know what it is. Great sliced and eaten raw, for me it is a great treat. Get it while it is in season.

From the farmer's market, I went to a gathering at Eileen's house. Since Vanita was in town, it was a good place for family to get together and eat and chat. One of the kohlrabi was introduced to the gathering. Sliced and laid out along with other appetizers, it disappeared quickly. After a dinner of BBQ pork and plenty of trimmings, I offered the cheesecake that I brought in honor of my birthday.

I contemplated getting candles for the cheesecake, but decided that a fire permit would be required for that many candles. That would complicate the whole day.

Good day and I survived to see July 31st.


Note to all for the birthday wishes: Thank You.

2 comments:

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.