Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Post For 2011

That's it. There is no more. 2011 is past. Some celebrate its passing. Others celebrate the positives of an unknown future. Regardless, 2011 is history.


At the end of 2011, my hair is a little thinner, grayer and gravity continues its toll on once was my chest. Accept what is. No complaints really. I'm still here to look back. More importantly, I can look forward.

There were a great many moments of personal fascination in 2011 and some times details were posted on this blog.

Wondering what was the most viewed entry for 2011, I checked the Blogger stats. There was no real competitor for Herbie Around The World. Good news is that Zainab and Domi soon will begin the next leg of their journeys as they continue to South America. To follow their journeys, their travels are posted at Herbie's World Tour. Their scheduled travel plans will take them through Tucson. If all goes well, I  hope to meet them as they pass through Tucson so I can wish them a Bon Voyage on their continued Around The World Tour.


And with this last post of 2011.... My wish is for all my readers good health and a life in pursuit of happiness.



In the event any one wonders how I celebrate the arrival of the New Year.... Denver's commercial (1969-1995) classical music station, KVOD, had a long time tradition on New Years Eve to play all of Beethoven's symphonies. That was concluded with the ninth ending close to midnight.

I've continued that tradition with a modification. I end with the ninth closer to ten o'clock.

That and Crown Royal on the Rocks makes for a good way to bring in the New Year.

Happy New Year.



5 comments:

  1. Indeed, Lloyd, KVOD is still broadcasting all of Beethoven's symphonies and will do so tonight. As for me, I am watching the movie Midnight in Paris.

    Happy New Year and Happy Trails in 2012.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and a joyous 2012. May all your hopes and dreams come true. My hopes are, that our paths meet in the very near future. I couldn't be sorrier that I missed you the other night. It def. was not my plan. Hugs, Mary B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lloyd,
    Thank you for the wonderful posts about our journey around the globe! You by the way inspired us to create a blog! We wish you all the best for 2012 and we hope to meet you again!
    Happy New Year,
    Domi & Zainab

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've shared some interesting moments this past year. Hope you continue to travel and report your observations. Have and safe 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Lloyd we boogied at the CH ....perhaps we will meet up this coming year...Jil

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.